Thursday, February 06, 2014

Temporary

The main purpose of this entry is to say that I will be temporarily deleting/hiding my blog for about 10 days in the not to distant future. I have something big coming up and previous times that similar things have happened, the media have not be very kind to me. That being said, its easy to google someone name these days and I dont want anything here to end up in a newspaper, still working over the issues from last time that happened. So dont be alarmed if you notice it missing, it will be back.

Other than that, I continue to plod along. Quitting on the surgery, doesnt mean that suddenly everything is alright. Though I am not spending as much time in theatre and hospital, I have essentially swapped one set of issues for another. Talking is very hard work and my voice is weaker than it has ever been. Breathing is still hard work and the tiredness is always there, not to mention the shortness of breath. I still cough so much that I have frequent bleeds and everything hurts.

I do in a way miss the hospital. The knowledge that things will get easier. The people I am around, they are like friends and I think that it is ok to miss them. But I am enjoying being out. Finding plenty to occupy my time and lots of exciting research stuff coming up. Finally feel like perhaps I am heading someplace, able to give something back.

Just taking things one day at a time. And right now, all my energy is going into sorting out my bedroom. It already looks a million times better and there is still a long way to go.

Today however, i feel asleep on the couch in an odd position and so my ribs are sore tonight. I dont think it will ever fully be healed where they took the cartilage out. But if I can stopp aggrivating it will my cough, all will be good.

Oh and I have not read in ages, but picked up a new book the other week and now cant put it down. Its the Divergent book, so that is taking up some of my time at the moment. Oh well back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment