Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hide and seek Mr graft

It's part midnight and all around me are snoring. I'm tired yet I can't sleep.

This week has been tough already. My tube came out as planned on Wednesday and within an hour every breath was taking so much force and energy that it wasn't long before I wanted my tube back as my chest muscles were burning with effort.

Now a few days on, things are easier but still not great. I can breathe and talk again with out to much effort but movement still leaves me gasping.I an also having to run high dose nebs every 3 hours day and night. But all that I can do. Well I can do that until surgery on Tuesday. Which I'd good it's what I need. I guess I didn't realise just how much I moved around the ward normally. Simple things like trips to the kitchen and to speak to the nurses.

I had an ultrasound today to see if the graft has grown. They could only find one of the two pieces and it's only 1cm.I have not spoken to the drs about it yet but I'm pretty sure there should be 2 and bigger than that . trying not to lose hope yet. It could be a problem like being hard to detect on the ultra sound or just in an awkward position. Time will tell I guess.

Now if I could just get some sleep. Oh and kick this headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment