Friday, January 06, 2012

alive

I'm still here.
I was last to go to theatre as i have a known bacteria so I didn't leave till almost 4. From what I can tell there were a few issues in theatre with the method they wanted to use. This meant that I ended up with a mini trach and i mean mini. It was decided that they wanted more careful monitoring for the first day or so and so an icu bed had to be found. They did find one but it meant that I was nursed in theatre recovery on my own till about 3am.

Cue a panic mother and such. It was odd coming around as my surgeon was still overseeing things so he was talking to me. I also had to wear 2 oxygen masks, one on my trach one on mouth to keep my sats up.

I am back on my usual ward now and the tubes are coming down. Both iv leads have gone, trach is out and oxygen is only for sleeping. Ng tube is out znd I so eating and drinking and managing meds.

I have a good feeling about this one. Fro. The the start I have. And although I have my reservations about using a sent, i know i am in good hands.

Just working on balancing painkillers now. Atm I'm either in agony or in a very deep sleep. Finding the balance is hard. But i see no reason. The against not going home soon.
Yay.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment: