Sunday, October 07, 2012


Alas, I never did get up to an update last week.

So yeh, last week I went to clinic in London with my surgeon. It started off stressful. I listened to the traffic reports before leaving and I know the route I was taking, I had traveled a couple of weeks before with no traffic. There were no road works and so I set off with plenty of time, but expecting a smooth journey.

It wasnt smooth. The area I had to travel to the station at, involves going over a bridge, you know that pretty green structure on the Cathedral City adverts? Yeh, its not a nice bridge at all. It is a main area that gets a lot of traffic. It is also an area that goes suddenly from 5 lanes to 2 lanes and within a few meters of getting down to 2 lanes, you have to be in the correct lane for your destatntion. So it is often busy and I have previsouly spent more than 3 hours sitting in traffic waiting to get across it. However, as I say, I had checked, it was empty.

By the time I got to the bridge, it was no longer empty. The radio were doing all the travel reports saying how unusual it was for the traffic.I had also had a slight mix up with the times, thinking that the time I had in my mind, was the time it left the city, not the time it left the station I was going to. So all in told, by the time I got to the station and parked, I had missed the train.

My ticket was valid on other trains, but it was an hour wait for the next one. So an hour in the station and 2 hours on the train, had my anxiety levels prickling. I dashed getting across London and was pretty impressed at how quick I managed to do it.

So I got into clinic, in time to see the surgeon before he dashed off, though I only got 10 minutes.

From what we managed to discover in that 10 minutes, is that, my upper airway sounds awful, but he wants to investigate, but the trach tube also seems to be digging into the side of my airway. So to put it simply, I am back in hospital tomorrow, in order for him to have a poke around and see if he is able to move the tube about a bit and to come up with a course of action.

So tomorrow, it is back to London, all set for surgery on Tuesday. fun eh.

1 comment:

  1. That's a long way to go for ten minutes with the surgeon and I presume you've gotta do all that again today! I hope tuesday's surgery is successful and they can settle this before you go on holiday.
    Keep us updated Kim and I'll be thinking of you, take care x x