Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just keep swimming

So long story short, my breathing didn't pick up again after the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to seem ungrateful for all the work that has been invested in me so far. My breathing is still a heck of a lot better than it was and I am still loving being tube free. But I am defitenly more breathless than I was a week ago.

Given my history, I thought it best to seek advice to air on the side of caution and so I dropped my surgeon an email explaining. He requested that I start a 7 day cours of antibiotics and come see him in charing cross next Wednesday.

So last night I started the course of meds and now I guess it's just a waiting game to see what happens.

Hopefully it will just be a bit of infection that will clear up and by Wednesday I will be fine again. But if not least I have a back up plan in place.

It's strange as my peak flow remained stable over the weekend but it did drop this morning back to about 190 and my parents commented that I spent most of the night coughing. Tonight thay seemed to have improved again, which is a positive sign.

So fingers crossed and all that jazz. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just follow your doctor's advice and everything will be all right. I hope you get better and better everyday.

    ReplyDelete